Ph.D. (Computer Science, Simon Fraser University)
I am a computer scientist interested in applying machine learning to solve health care problems.
My personal FoRs: 080109 (Pattern Recognition and Data Mining), 170203 (Knowledge Representation and Machine Learning), 111711 (Health Information Systems)
- “Parameter-Free Search of Time-Series Discord” Wei Luo, Marcus Gallagher, and Janet Wiles. Journal of Computer Science and Technology, March 2013, Volume 28, Issue 2, pp 300-310.
- “Estimating the Intensity of Ward Admission and its Effect on Emergency Department Access Block” Wei Luo, Jiguo Cao, Marcus Gallagher, and Janet Wiles. Statistics in Medicine, published online: 21 NOV 2012.
- “Mind change optimal learning of Bayes net structure from dependency and independency data ” Oliver Schulte, Wei Luo, and Russell Greiner. Information and Computation, January 2010, Volume 208, Issue 1, pg. 63-82.
- “Mind Change Efficient Learning ” Wei Luo and Oliver Schulte. Information and Computation, July 2006, Volume 204, Issue 6, pg. 957-988.
- “Faster and Parameter-Free Discord Search in Quasi-Periodic Time Series” Wei Luo and Marcus Gallagher. PAKDD 2011, (Regular paper, acceptance rate 9.7%).
- “Unsupervised DRG Upcoding Detection in Healthcare Databases” Wei Luo and Marcus Gallagher. The International Workshop on Data Mining Application in Government and Industry 2010 (DMAGI10, as Part of ICDM 2010), Sydney, Australia, December 13, 2010.
- “Visualising a State-wide Patient Data Collection: A Case Study to Expand the Audience for Healthcare Data” Wei Luo, Marcus Gallagher, Di O’Kane, Jason Connor, Mark Dooris, Col Roberts, Lachlan Mortimer, and Janet Wiles. Australasian Workshop On Health Informatics and Knowledge Management (HIKM 2010), Brisbane, Australia, January 18, 2010.
- “A new hybrid method for Bayesian network learning With dependency constraints” Oliver Schulte, Gustavo Frigo, Russell Greiner, Wei Luo, and Hassan Khosravi. 2009 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Data Mining (CIDM 2009), Nashville, TN, USA, March 20, 2009. Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Data Mining, pg. 53-60.
- “Mind Change Optimal Learning of Bayes Net Structure” Oliver Schulte, Wei Luo, and Russell Greiner. The 20th Annual Conference on Learning Theory (COLT 2007) , San Diego, CA, June 13, 2007. Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4539 Springer 2007, ISBN 978-3-540-72925-9, pg. 187-202.
- “Learning Bayesian Networks in Semi-deterministic Systems. ” Wei Luo. The 19th Conference of the Canadian Society for Computational Studies of Intelligence (Canadian AI 2006) , Québec City, Québec, Canada, June 7, 2006. Acceptance rate: 21%, Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4013 Springer 2006, ISBN 3-540-34628-7, pg. 230-241.
- “Mind Change Efficient Learning” Wei Luo and Oliver Schulte. The 18th Annual Conference on Learning Theory (COLT 2005) , Bertinoro, Italy, June 27, 2005. Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3559 Springer 2005, ISBN 3-540-26556-2, pg. 398-412.
- “Compute Inclusion Depth of a Pattern” Wei Luo. The 18th Annual Conference on Learning Theory (COLT 2005) , Bertinoro, Italy, June 27, 2005. Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3559 Springer 2005, ISBN 3-540-26556-2, pg. 689-690.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2012